Coronavirus (COVID-19) - latest advice
13th May 2020
St Columba's Tennis Club is now open for play, under the safety conditions summarised as follows:
- Singles play can resume but with strict social distancing;
- Doubles can only be played if you are all in the same household;
- Coaching can resume on a 1:1 basis. Please contact David James to arrange this;
- You should each have your own tube of tennis balls with your name on it - please don't touch tennis balls being used by others;
- The club house can be used for emergency access only. If you do need to use the clubhouse, please make sure you minimise surface contact and sanitise as needed;
- If you have paid your subs, please contact June for the gate code as it has changed (by WhatsApp, text or e-mail);
- If you haven't paid your subs, please contact June.
Please be very careful, please be very respectful as we need to be very careful how we proceed.
For your own safety, you are advised to follow to the LTA web-site, which provides full information on the safest way to get back to tennis.
A FEW WORDS...
As members, we are responsible for our own wellbeing and the wellbeing of other members. Please ensure that you comply with the safety guidelines issued with this latest announcement.
In terms of your club membership, the new season started on 1st April. Members will be offered a proportionate discount on membership renewal for the 2021/22 season, based on the period when no play has been allowed (23rd March to 12th May). For those members who would like to continue to freeze their membership at this time, please contact June (firstname.lastname@example.org).
These are obviously difficult times for everyone, however we recognise that some people will be more affected than others. St Columba's Tennis Club is here to help as a community, so please reach out if you need support.